Bolton Wanderers Community Trust in partnership with Cricket for Change have introduced the Street20 cricket project to Bolton for 11 - 18 year olds.
Street20 Cricket is a fast moving game, designed to be played in crowded urban environments and using facilities such as five-a-side football pitches, basketball courts, MUGA's, tennis courts and sports halls. Just take 2 bats, 2 sets of plastic stumps, a ball and 4-8 players and you’re ready to go!
Cricket for Change have helped BWCT set up 'Street20' programmes in a variety of venues all over Bolton including schools, MUGA's, mosques, youth clubs and other community buildings.
Street20 operates on the following five principles:
1. Offering year round programmes to keep the players involved.
2. Running programmes that are local to where players live.
3. Offering regular competitions every half term and school holiday's.
4. Finding the next generation of coaches from within the programmes.
5. Crucially, using the trust built up, to help those involved to make good choices about their future and increase positive outcomes.
For further information on Street20 and how to get involved please contact Richard Slater by emailing email@example.com or call 07867 459210.
Supported in partnership by
In this section...